This section provides an overview of what SECEUR exactly is.
SECEUR is a students’ social enterprise which originated at the Erasmus University Rotterdam. SECEUR advises non-profit organizations on issues such as how to efficiently and effectively provide their services to society. Our concept inspires us to not only be self-sufficient, but also to seek possibilities for our clients to become self-sufficient. The close work with non-profit organizations develops a sense of social responsibility in the business leaders of tomorrow. By working together through SECEUR, students, corporations and non-profit organizations can really make a difference in this world.
Seeking to establish a highly interactive relationship between social enterprises, students, and corporations, and to proactively work together to create a better tomorrow.
To provide guidance to social enterprises to operate more efficiently and effectively. Through this we seek to guarantee the sustainability of non-profit organizations and increase the social awareness of the professionals of tomorrow.
- Passion to perform – delivering high-quality services to our clients and delivering our services on time.
- Focus on sustainability – focusing on the societal sustainability of the Rotterdam society (and beyond), and ensuring continuity and growth within our own organization.
- Respect for diversity – embracing the philanthropic ideals of our clients, and fostering diversity within our own organization in terms of educational, ethnical, cultural, and national backgrounds and gender to establish optimal creativity.
- Creating connections – pro-actively bring parties together that otherwise would not automatically come together or come together with the same added value
- Learning for tomorrow – personal development of students
With a team of 30 outstanding students from Erasmus University Rotterdam, lead by a board consisting out of 5 experienced people, SECEUR provides excellent advice. Consultants, who follow studies from Law to Business Administration, are involved in providing the highest standard of service to any social enterprise in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and internationally.
In order to guarantee the continuity and quality of our services the Executive Board is monitored by a three-person Supervisory Board. The members of this Supervisory Board are prior Executive Board members, who have more expertise of the strategy of our organization. To stay in the right direction, we meet every three weeks to discuss al relevant aspects concerning SECEUR. In addition, we have established an Advisory Board in which scientists of the Erasmus University and members from Business Society are represented. From the Advisory Board, SECEUR’s consultants are able to extract state-of-the-art knowledge and years of experience in order to solve the most complex issues that our clients deal with.